MoU Signed between NLF and Kathmandu University
Nepal Library Foundation and Kathmandu University School of Management (KUSOM) recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding for establishing collaboration on academic, research and professional matters at the University premises. Work succeeding this understanding is expected to fill a huge gap in Nepal's Library Development. The highlights of the MoU are:
- Run four months Diploma, 35 days course, 2 weeks course and 1 week courses jointly managed by NLF and the University.
- The training venue would be KUSOM if run in Kathmandu. However, the trainings could be run anywhere in the country or at an organizational venue.
- The training modules would be developed with the help of KUSOM or any other university experts.
- Kathmandu University would confer certificates of the courses which would be recognized by Nepal Government (CTEVT) and other universities within and outside Nepal.
- The management of the trainings would be jointly done by both parties while NLF being the leading partner.
- The marketing, advertisement and networking for the training would be sponsored by the Foundation. The cost of the trainings would be covered from fees from students/trainees.
The Foundation has already started work on a building a Short Term Training/Workshop program for Library and Information Management.
We have already started working on Short Term training/workshop programs for Library and Information Management.
Country Director for the Foundation, Mr Sharad Babu Shrestha and Dean Prof. Subas KC of KUSOM signed the agreement.